Devoirs Anglais 1ère année Secondaire Describing people A descriptive composition about a person should consist of An introduction where you […]
Devoirs Anglais 1ère année Secondaire
A descriptive composition about a person should consist of
- An introduction where you give brief information about the person (her
Name/time or place you met ;how you heard about her/him).
- A main body where you describe physical appearance ,personality characteristics and hobbies/interests/everyday activities in separate paragraphs .
- A conclusion which includes your comments and/or feelings about the person . such descriptions can be found in articles, letters,witness statements, novel,s etc.
Points to consider in writing a descriptive composition :
- Each paragraph starts with a topic sentence which introduces the subject of the paragraph. A variety of linking words should be used to connect ideas.
- To describe physical appearance , details should be given as follow : height /build,age,facial features,hair,clothes.
- Variety in the use of adjectives will make your description more intersting.
- Avoid beginning all sentences in the same way as this will make your composition boring .